Fairs and Open Days
Some of our member societies will organise or be present at events of interest to veteran researchers and newcomers alike. You can find out more about each event by visiting the GENEVA list of forthcoming events.
Details of other events run by our Members Societies may be found on their own sites.
Fairs and Open Days offer family historians great opportunities to follow their interests and meet fellow enthusiasts. If you have a friend or relation who may be interested in setting off on the ancestor trail, these events are good occasions to introduce your local society and what it has to offer.
Many of the events take place near to other places of interest. So, if you don't live in the vicinity, it may be worth including one as part of a weekend away.
FFHS is on the road later this year and you can meet us at the following events:
- Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycrafts, Westpoint, Exeter, 21-24 September 2017
- The FFHS Beyond the Census 2 Conference is on Saturday 30th September at Wesley’s Chapel, City Road, London EC1Y 1AU - Limited places, so registration required.
- Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycrafts, NEC, Birmingham, 2-5 November 2017. We have a two-for-one ticket offer on this show running until 30 October. Follow the link and use the code BIFH. Advance tickets are £12 for an adult and £11 for seniors. Children under 16 are free.
- Huddersfield and District FHS Family History Fair on Saturday 4th November
- Crafting Live, Peterborough, 11 & 12 November 2017
- Hobbycrafts, NEC, Birmingham, 15-18 March
If one of these events is local to you, please do come and visit our stand. We'll have experts from local family history societies on hand who will be delighted to hear about your family tree and offer tips on how to you can discover more of your ancestry.