If you have the McAfee antivirus program installed you may experience an interaction with the NBI program. Alternatively you may have one of the following problems:
- i/o error 103 when running a search
- error "0.8 is not a valid floating point value"
- exported CSV file, no comma between date and forename
These problems are solved with a revised version of the search program, installation instructions are as follows:
- Click here to download, selecting the option to Save the File on your Computer (it doesn't matter which folder you choose). The file is a compressed (zipped) file.
- Double-click on the file to unpack it, it should create a single file SETUP.EXE, again it doesn't matter where this file is created.
- Run SETUP.EXE by double-clicking on it. You shouldn't uninstall the NBI first as the upgrade only contains the Viewer program, not the datafiles. The default location is the same folder as before, i.e. c:\Program Files\NBI3, so if you originally chose another installation folder you'll need to select the same one again. It should overwrite the old versions of the program (NBIView.exe) and help file (NBIHelp.chm).
- After finishing the install, check the program version (Help > About the NBI). It should display "NBI Viewer ver 1.21".
Once installed you can if you like delete files NBI3_Program.zip and Setup.exe, to free up disk space.
If you get a message "no disk inserted" or asking you to insert the original disk, this may indicate a problem with the copy protection. Please email